The ENcome group headquartered in Klagenfurt is a pan-European leading and independent provider for the operation of photovoltaic power plants with focus on technical Operation and Maintenance (O&M), technical Asset Management (TAM), as well as Engineering & Advisory services.
ENcome operations photovoltaic power plants with a nominal capacity of more than one Gigawatt in all major European photovoltaic markets and in Australia. Highly qualified employees as well as an own Monitoring system ensures the perfect yield of each PV power plant.
For our subsidiary in Great Britain we are looking for a
We are seeking an Electrical Technician to provide operational support to our clients commercial and utility scale PV installations. This is a great opportunity for a qualified electrician to work within the renewable energy industry or to expand their working knowledge of LV systems and large scale PV systems.
The role requires travel to and from sites on a daily basis, on call responsibilities and may occasionally require some international travel.
We are looking for an individual who is self-motivated and can work with minimal supervision, has the ability to assess technical situations and possesses good organizational skills
- Manage a preventative maintenance programme to ensure installations are working at peak performance
- Identify/Locate and respond to fault situations
- Regularly log into the remote management system to monitor for alarms and generation statistics
- Carry out Due Diligence Site and Paperwork Inspections
- Assist in rectification works
- Document each intervention on site with agreed templates and by agreed date
- Understand the contract for each site to enable effective management
- Abide by company H&S protocols
- Undertake appropriate on going training
- Keep records of near misses, and accidents
- File risk assessments and method statements for each visits – with ref to our safe system of works.
- Use the lone working protection system
- Customer liaison
- Regularly check emails and take laptop to site
- Liaison with plant manager and Operations manager
- Weekly vehicle inspection
- Keep time recording records
- Stock management
- Ensuring that all test equipment is fully functional and calibrated
- Ensure PPE is appropriate and well maintained
- Management of contractors as necessary to maintain site order
Qualifications and experience:
- Electrical installation certificate to level 3 City & Guilds or NVQ equivalent or an equivalent electronics qualification
- BS7671 wiring regulations to 17th edition and a sound working knowledge of them
- City & Guilds inspection and test certificate to level 3 (desirable)
- ECS health and safety certificate
- Demonstrable experience as an Installation electrician working in small scale commercial installations
- Previous experience of working with any DC electrical system (desirable)
- Familiar with data communications, Ethernet, MODBUS, Cat5, fibre
- Competitive - Depending on experience
- Company mobile phone
- Company Van/Car
Location: Dorset, or in the South West of England
We offer you an exciting and diversified task in an engaged and dynamic environment.
If we have awakened your interest, we would be delighted to receive an informative application from you.
ENcome Energy Performance UK Ltd
Ms. Romina Membrini